Position Internship (Project Assistant)
Assignment 32-36 hours per week, for 5 to 6 months
Starting Date As soon as possible
NpM, Platform for Inclusive Finance, is the leading national platform in inclusive finance sector worldwide. Established in 2003, the platform brings together Dutch development organisations, social investors and commercial banks active in the inclusive finance sector. Together with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, NpM’s 13 members share a commitment to expanding access to finance in underserved regions and to anticipate the changing need in the sector to grow towards a responsible industry. The members of NpM are active in over 90 countries and have committed EUR 3.3 billion to the inclusive finance sector. NpM’s activities are directed to the contribution of the financial sector in reaching the Sustainable Development Goals.Organisation
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious intern to support our team on the Geodata For Inclusive Finance and Food security programme. The Geodata for Inclusive Finance and Food trajectory was initiated by Rabobank Foundation, the Netherlands Space Office, FMO, ICCO, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and NpM, Platform for Inclusive Finance. The goal of this trajectory is to increase access to finance for smallholder farmers and increased food production by using satellite applications.
We are looking for someone with an interest in microfinance/inclusive finance sector, excellent communication and organization skills. The internship will start as soon as possible and will be valid for a period of 5 to 6 months.
What you will do:
- Assist in organizing workshops and seminars for investors;
- Assist in relationship management and communication with NpM members, Agtech and FinTech companies and other partners;
- Summarize reports, assisting with data analysis and data visualization;
- Assist in preparing presentations, layout and design of reports;
- Assist in various ad-hoc organizational and practical tasks for NpM;
What we ask from you:
- You are interested in inclusive finance, SME Finance, rural/agri-business and/or a related topic;
- You enjoy working in dynamic, multi-cultural environments;
- You have a hands-on, pro-active mentality and you can work independently;
- You are fluent in English (both verbal and written), understanding of Dutch is a plus;
- You have excellent writing skills (for communication purposes);
- You possess IT skills (Microsoft Office) and feel comfortable using social media (Twitter, LinkedIn);
- You are enrolled at a Dutch educational institution, this is a must;
- To be part of a dynamic working environment;
- To meet/work with a variety of investors active in inclusive finance;
- To learn how to effectively communicate and coordinate with various partners;
- To gain experience in organizing knowledge based events;
- To gain insight in an interesting sector that is represented by NpM;
- A compensation of EUR 226 per month;
- Travel allowance home-office-home.
Send your CV and a short letter of motivation to the NpM office at email@example.com, before Sunday 15th April, 2018.
For more information on the vacancy, you can send an email to the above email address. More general information about NpM and the Dutch inclusive finance sector can also be found on our website: http://www.inclusivefinanceplatform.nl/home .